Unless we're going to love and fully embrace who we are then what's the point in living? Equally important:
Unless we're with some one who is going to love and fully embrace who we are then what's the point of being with them?
I found myself bombarded with thoughts of, "Oh god.. am I being too weird? Too nerdy? should I stop talking about science... maybe I shouldn't share that I actually enjoy watching word girl and sesame street with my niece...Oh, there I go sounding like a feminist again.."
Hey man, if it embarrasses you that I can sing practically any Disney song, read all 7 harry potter books, have a love affair with space and have an overly idealistic out look on love and life then don't bother talking to me.
Lesson learned: I will never again try to modify what makes me happy in the hopes of making some one else comfortable.
I love being true to who I am. Jenine = quirky, eccentric, weird, socially awkward, nerdy, loving, laughing, moon, passionate, knowledge lover.
I believe in being raw, no fear.
Naturally, our instincts tell us that absolute vulnerability leaves us susceptible to injury.
But can we really be injured if we have total and complete faith in ourselves and what we have to offer?
The people who are meant to be in our lives may not understand our quirky eccentricities (and we may not understand theirs) 100% of the time but I guarantee they will love and appreciate you because of them.
Something else I learned is that I LOVE basking in other people's eccentricities. Open arm embrace, give me your weirdness.
Side tracking a bit, I was looking through my old writing and I found this from 2008:
THINGS I'M AFRAID OF
Intimacy
Vulnerability
Allowing some one to love me
Losing the people I've allowed to love me.
Letting go
Forgetting
Having to face my own expectations
Not fulfilling my expectations.
Discovering that I don't love myself as much as I say I do.
Vulnerability
Allowing some one to love me
Losing the people I've allowed to love me.
Letting go
Forgetting
Having to face my own expectations
Not fulfilling my expectations.
Discovering that I don't love myself as much as I say I do.
FIGHTING MY FEARS
Learn that there is no punishment for happiness.
Don't justify your insecurities by being analytical
Accept that you're afraid.
Accept that you love.
Accept the vulnerability of love
Stop being overly critical
Face what you don't know
Don't be afraid of losing what you've gained.
Learn that there is no punishment for happiness.
Don't justify your insecurities by being analytical
Accept that you're afraid.
Accept that you love.
Accept the vulnerability of love
Stop being overly critical
Face what you don't know
Don't be afraid of losing what you've gained.
Mucho amor Y paz,
Iztac Metztli.

No comments:
Post a Comment