Friday, December 16, 2011

Anaís : Scattered Seed.

It's been about a year since I've graduated.. which means it's been about a year since I've written fiction. I know! HOW DARE I? well, here we go the beginning of something fiction-y.

Give me all of your shattered shapeless people,
I'll nourish them with my bone marrow.

She was growing restless. Her ribs itched beneath her skin, the bones in her toes tickled. She knew this feeling. It was the song her body sang when it was time to leave. At twenty three nothing felt like home. So she frequently packed her things up and started a new journey. Every black tar highway taking her to a new place in the hopes of settling.

She learned to travel light, didn't dig her roots too deep. Anaís was a seed waiting to be planted, blown away by the wind any time fertile ground made an appearance. Her family called her homeless, pata de perro, she preferred adventurous. The world was just too beautiful to stay in one place.

Today she woke from her tiny twin sized bed with a dream on the tip of her tongue. She dreamt of a town surrounded by mountains, a town that tasted like Earth. Sometime during her sleep her waist length hair wrapped around her arm, tangling itself around the tattoo on her wrist like a dark brown tentacle. Those little black foot prints pulsing with her veins. It was the day she got those two walking feet that she no longer found herself capable of sitting in one place.

Anaís read the signs carefully even if others thought she didn't...



AND that's it!


Mucho amor Y paz,
Iztac Metztli

No comments: